Monday 2 December 2013

The more forms of communication we have

The less we talk to each other.

I have just become aware that a good friend experienced a major source of stress and hassle a few days ago. The thing is, I check blogs, read facebook including several groups within FB, follow forums (multiple forums) but because I rarely check up google+ I missed it. Now I'm very unhappy with the way social networking aggregation *appears* to be implimented on phones, for example, but at the same time aggregation appears to be the only way to be reasonably sure I won't miss too much

Yeah, yeah, blogged about this before.

But it also makes me want to chuck all forms of internet based communication bar email (and even that's marginal) and return to paper, phones and face to face. While typing this I received a 'thankyou' 'instant message' from a lovely friend for a birthday message sent via skype on Wednesday last week. You see, few can really keep up with all the different channels, and aggregating skype isn't going to sit well with all the rest.

I know some think the use of social networking makes people dumb, and I largely agree, but worse than that, it makes people both addicts and glued to the computer screen - something I suffer with somewhat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.