Tuesday 8 October 2013

Just an idle thought: is there a uniform for troubled souls?

So I followed up the link to Rose Redd in the post below (if you follow it, be aware of the rude auto-playing video - that is to say it's rude to make audio/video autoplay when you land on a website, rather than the content being rude). Quick check in the bio - talks about being troubled at 12.

When I saw the lass on stage there was a look that was familiar from so many of the troubled teens I'd known. There's no one thing I can point to, but it seems to be a combination of hair dye, gothy clothes, piercings and a certain attitude that may spring from experiencing the world too young. Whatever, it's almost as though there is a uniform, even though everyone is different.

Makes me want to ask WWJD?

Makes me also grateful for parents that stand by their children, what ever they go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.