Tuesday 1 October 2013

How and why do we do church?

I've been reading Floyd McClung's book 'you see bones' today, and it's been feeding back into all those things tucked away in me about church being simple, relational, self-feeding etc. He clearly has a personal anti-establishment stance, and while I largely agree with him, it doesn't seem headed anyplace helpful for someone looking to see how God is going to bring renewal to a heavily institutionalised church.

But the challenge is there to find ways to enable life to come, to produce authentic new testament style church that can affect the community, rather than just occupy the building we use as fully as possible. I know that's happened sometimes, and it makes me feel dirty.

Challenges, challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.