Thursday 5 September 2013

Do not keep dropping laptops.

I love tech - I hate tech. Yeah, right.

The laptop we use for words and music at the chapel took at tumble this evening before we left home, went BSD but restarted a couple of times without trouble. Get to church, nada. Boot to recovery, step back & recover, nothing. Data is probably still present, so can recover, but no OS.

Looks like a reinstall is coming up shortly. Wonder if the original Windows 7 disc is available, or if it's all on a hidden partition that's now unusable? Looks like it could become a Linux laptop soon otherwise, and we'll use Lyricue for presentation. Maybe. Or songpro under WINE.

Guess I know where my 'spare' 320Gb HDD is going now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.