Sunday 1 April 2012

So we finally saw the Marigold

As in the film "Best exotic marigold hotel" last night.

As much as anything it was great to see some of those places again (we had the best day of our Indian trip in Jaipur last year) and remember a bit of what it's like. The film shows a much cleaner and tidier India than we remember, and of course it can't possibly convey the smell, but otherwise it seemed to capture some aspects of the feel well. I suppose the thing it missed was the sense of desperation and being crushed by poverty that we think we saw in some people, but it is intended to be entertainment.

I'd quite like to go again, but this year we would like to keep costs down and also stay in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.