Sunday 11 March 2012

Today seems to be a day for computer issues.

The comments system from Haloscan is down in a big way, but I've no idea why right now - their site isn't giving any hints.

The weekly update for Sabayon went pear shaped, and as a result of trying to fix it I've stuffed my system for now. KDE (the desktop manager) has been misbehaving since moving to version 4.8, and the latest update killed digiKam. I tried uninstalling that and a search application and took out the whole desktop package. Interestingly the Linux OS underneath still runs, so I can use it with the XBMC X Box Media Centre or with a command line interface (like I'm nerdy enough to do THAT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.