Sunday 25 September 2011

It's been a very emotionally charged day for me

and I'm glad to unwind with some *good dinner.

This morning I was feeling a little odd, but we sang a particular song that will always bring back memories of my daughter laying in the back of the car, blood & cranial fluid dripping from her nose, gradually stiffening and changing as the character of the person that lived in her body no longer shaped it. It's a very vivid picture, and one that will stay with me as long as I live.

This afternoon we saw someone baptised who has been through some very harsh and difficult times, and is still having to walk that path. I'd felt God give me some sections from 'Ruth' for her, but when it came to reading them, the intensity of her pain was so alive in the words that I struggled to do more than blub - when I could talk at all.

An emotionally charged day.

* Dinner was slow cook beef, pot roast for 5 hours at 130'C with Ras-al-hanout spices, soy sauce, white wine, onions, carrots and mushrooms in the pot. They were inedible, but it was good with carrots and pasta with red pesto. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.