Tuesday 9 August 2011

There is a sad and faintly ridiculous irony.

Here we are as a country, supporting those seeking freedom in Libya, Syria etc while people riot on our own streets, abusing genuine freedom. I suspect many of these have more in common with Gaddafi than they do with people seeking any kind of liberty.

There were pictures on the BBC last night of fires in all sorts of places, but the 'Reeve's Corner' furniture store which was torched yesterday evening was where we bought our first ever suite. That was more than 25 years ago, but I remember them as being helpful, friendly and not at all snooty toward a young couple who couldn't afford much. I hope their business recovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.