Friday 22 July 2011

Fuduntu! Eh? What?

Have a look at this youtube video.

Actually have a look at the videos linked off that page, if you have a passing curiosity about various linux distros in general. It was enough to convince me to download Fuduntu today (partly out of curiosity to see if their version of the dock was better than Apple's) and partly because it just looked funky.

I know I'm being a bit of an OS trollop, but I'd really like to have 5 or 6 different OSs all available and ready to roll at any given time, just to sate my curiosity. Also really looking forward to Gnome 3 being refined a little more (you should take a look at his Fedora 15 review too). When I was running it briefly here (before that Seagate drive went belly-up - now replaced with a 'repaired' one) it actually seemed pretty good to use.

Talking of whoring OSs, has anyone out there tried Lion yet? After my experience with Snow Leper I'm reluctant to upgrade, but also sense obsolescence creeping up on my (increasingly tardy despite the high speed HDD and 4Gb RAM) Macbook. I'd be interested to hear if your system worked properly and completely after the install.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.