Saturday 14 May 2011

This is so tempting

Tom Petty trib band looking for mature experienced Lead Gitwrist. You will need to be competent to play Mike Campbell parts and have a versatile tone/fx. Backing Vox would be well handy

We say mature mainly because its a committment, and anyone with young kids would be a problem, (families must come first) also someone with nagging wife or weird working shift patterns wont be suitable.

Also a Keys / Synth player needed, same goes as above. Backing Vox would be useful again

Wheels, decent gear, (not necessarily expensive, but reliable/good tone) experience, willing to rehearse, and commitment are mandatory.

Based in Oxford, but obviously within a certain radius would be fine...say 20 miles ish. Too far away would get annoying for rehearsals unless you have petrol money and time in abundance


Not that I know any Tom Petty, but I'm playing so little these days that I've effectively retired as a musician, and frankly, I'm not enjoying what I do play most of the time either. Last autumn someone visiting the church actually gave me an invite to join a band, but I turned it down because I really thought that playing in church was turning round and wanted to give myself to that.

On the drive down from Newcastle I had some Joe Bonamassa going in the car, and all the emotions that go with playing freely in worship came back. It's all very well to keep climbing back on the altar to be a living sacrifice, but sometimes you just wish the knife would come down so you didn't want to get back off again.

Yup, tonight is feeling miserable night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.