Friday 20 May 2011

That time of year again.

Curiously, this year we really don't feel like we want to share it with people that haven't walked with us. Maybe it's a reflection of getting over it (not really - this isn't something to 'get over').

More likely it's a mix of self-protection and having walked with some people that have sometimes been more enemy than friend over the last few years. As I sit here, I find that I don't want to be open, vulnerable with various people, and rightly or wrong, don't want to push through that either. In some ways there's been healing, in some ways I hurt more now than I did 3-4 years ago, and trust people much less.

Or maybe I'm just older and more cautious.

We might just go out and watch 'Inception' with the Somerton social club tonight. Hopefully our Byriani will be ready in a mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.