Tuesday 15 March 2011

Just tried Gnome 3 desktop

It's in beta, but the demo I downloaded *looked8 really nice.

Since it's in beta it can be forgiven for not actually working properly, but if this represents what they'll launch then it'll be a very serious competitor for KDE.

In other news, openSUSE 11.4 has just been released to very favourable reviews and user comments. I've downloaded the full install already, but since Sabayon is running so nicely right now, I've no incentive to change yet (apart from still not being able to print grrrr). Because Sabayon is continuously updated, even though 11.4 comes with all the latest stuff, there's nothing I need that is more recent there.

Sometime though, I just wonder whether life would be so much simpler (and less exciting) with XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.