Wednesday 26 May 2010

We all mistook Apple's new product

... for a female sanitary item. And that's not unreasonable really.

But it seems to really foul up branding requires a non-native English speaking marketing department.

Introducing the WePad.


Read more here.

Their point was that the iPad is all about ME, all about being closed and all about Apple being in control. The WePad is all about being open, inclusive and outwardlooking in it's design: the antithesis of Jobsian Apple philosophy. I don't know if it will live up to the idea, but I really hope so.

But I do wish they'd spoken to someone who wasn't German before branding it like an incontinence device.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.