Monday 10 May 2010

Finally managed to source a suitable MoBo

Picked up an MSI jobbie, new for £26 on the 'bay.

In order to check compatibility I went and looked up the original order that I placed with Ebuyer - that was July '07 and that first MoBo cost £23. Wish I could get another, as it was works well when it doesn't have a fault. Hopefully this will give me another couple of years from the system. By then it really should be too slow, as it's running a 3800+ processor, although it's always been snappy with XP (4Gb RAM helped a lot).

I've had a morning at home.

The weekend was hectic: delivering leaflets Sat AM, 10th wedding anniversary celebration PM (great to see David and Sandra still happy after 10 years, good to see so many friends) out in the evening with family for my Brother's birthday. Sunday was church, followed by a church get together + lunch, then 'church' again and supper in the village with our friends who set up Cecily's fund, including meeting one of the peer health education coordinator.

We really needed to get stock value and assets sorted out for company accounts, so Chris provided me with the figure I needed and I've just spent a couple of hours working through, assigning a standard cost to products and doing final stock values etc. Once that was all done (wonder what questions Chris will ask when she gets back?) it seemed good to just deal with an issue that was otherwise a nagging irritation so it wouldn't be cluttering up my thoughts any more.

Onward and downward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.