Friday 14 August 2009

With all the furore over healthcare in the US

I thought this article from today's Times newspaper was most telling.

Quick summary: 2 women who did not get treated well by the NHS were interviewed, ostensibly for a documentary, but instead have had their interviews misrepresented by those trying to derail Obama's health care reforms. I guess if they were Americans in America they would sue in a multi-million dollar defamation suit.

As one standing back and reading what various Americans are saying about it, I'm reasonably convinced that the US right are a highly unpleasant bunch, however good their worship music and wealthy their churches are. As history has shown before, once again both good and evil seem able to rub shoulders comfortably within the same church, even in the same people. It's almost as if there's a blindness that allows the unthinkable to not be thought about while it's being done. I rather wonder if that's how it is for us when we 'knowingly' sin and just go ahead and do it anyway?

I bet some of the guys on a certain forum are thumping the tub so hard it's a wonder it hasn't split yet, along with posting more picture of Obama as Hitler. Can a spring produce both fresh and salty water? Apparently so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.