Wednesday 4 March 2009

I feel miserable about playing guitar

Mostly because I feel I'm being boxed in and put under pressure to play acoustic.

There are some songs where an acoustic guitar is THE right instrument, some where it can do a tolerable, though sub-optimal job and some where it sucks harder than a hoover. It limits the feel and freedom of a song, and constrains where things can be taken.

If it's necessary for me to just suck it up and get on then I shall, but if it's just a case of being reigned back 'just in case' then I'm not happy with that. And there's a side of me that doesn't want to submit to being boxed in. I need to find a way through that is both acceptable and doesn't crush me into the shape of a doormat.

Oh the fun that is managing people (including oneself).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.