Thursday 23 October 2008

Interesting MS treatment

From the BBC here.

This is especially interesting to me because I'm pretty sure that's something I worked on when I was still working for Wellcome Research Labs at Beckenham. Then it was called CAMPATH 1 and was a crude antibody (the latest version will have the same binding activity, but have been 'humanised' by grafting the binding regions into the constant regions of a human antibody structure.

That sounds so easy, doesn't it?

My part in this? I put together an assay to measure the activity of the original antibody. It probably made no difference to the final product, but it's interesting to see that some things I've touched have gone on to become significant for some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.