Thursday 18 September 2008

We are having interesting times

But at least I managed to eat something that was not based on wheat flour this lunchtime.

Yesterday we spent more than 5 hours at Pompei, which was interesting, but hard work. Fascinating place. Tomorrow we shal visit Herculaneum (Ercolano) where the ruins are more complete, even though considerably less has been excavated.

Today was really our 'rest and recovery' time, as we were tired from Pompei and one of Chris knees was hurting. The sea here is actually great, but finding a decent beach is not easy. We ended up on Seiano beach, which is small, stony and dirty. However the sea did make up for it.

I need to finish now - more when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.