Friday 29 August 2008

I think we forget sometimes

Just how amazing the 'net is.

In the last hour or so I've booked time here and here and arranged a car to be available at Ciampino airport in Rome. Earlier today I booked the flights out there.

I remember my first ever holiday abroad as an adult. Pawing through the brochures, trying to find somewhere we might afford to go, then going into a travel agents where the girl behind the desk would consult some kind of text-based minitel style system, then consultation by telephone to an unknown central coordinator only to tell us that all places had been taken. Eventually she turned up something we'd not noticed and it WAS good, but I wonder how much that was the grace of God and not any particular judgement on her part.

I've been booking our travel like this for a while now, and although the choices can get overwhelming sometimes, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.