Thursday 31 July 2008

When I have a cold I just don't sleep.

But I do get an extra 6 or 7 hours.

I'm not one to decalre that anything is the ultimate this or that, but after all the fuss, it's just possible SUSE 11.0 could be the first Linux build that works adequately in terms of looks etc.

I've just installed (MUCH faster than Mandriva 8.0) and it was very simple, very intuitive. he workspace is crisp and clean, fonts automatically seem sharp (if a little odd to my windows eyes) and although there's been a couple of issues (like it couldn't update or connect to certain repositories) some things (like firefox 3) work OK.

The Plasma desktop looks really quite sharp. I hope it's more stable than the 'live' CD I ran on a laptop earlier.

So here it is, 2.40 something and my first SUSE 11.0 post.

Ah - I keep seeing little flickery artifacts appearing - thought it was my imagination at first.

Wonder if this OS will turn out to be broken like every other Linux install? I hope not - looks good so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.