Thursday 17 July 2008

Intensely frustrated!

We've just come back from 'our other church'.

The Holy Spirit was at work this evening in a way that both Chris and I (and some of the others, judging by how they were on their knees) could feel really strongly. We almost felt ready to burst with it at times. Yet everything was just ordered, boxed, and done as if God wasn't calling us to pray and intercede.

I just want to push away the curtains of polite Englishness and push through into the presence of God. There is a future path ahead for us with these people and I hope we can walk it carefully enough that no-one is put off through it. Including us!

Post edited because although I stand by everything I said, sometimes our 'truth' isn't always helpful for everyone.

*edit*
Dreams. Who'd have 'em?

Me, if they come from where I think this one did.

I think I see where this may be going, and it's going to be a little scary. And it depends very much on how this is received in certain quarters too, but I think I see certain things fitting together now. It's going to be a busy old time if I'm right and I've heard clearly.

Just hope I'm hearing right and not making this up out of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.