Wednesday 9 April 2008

Does anyone else

have those times when you wonder why you're here, really, instead of somewhere else?

I'm sure it's just selfish laziness, but I'm here in the office with someone grumbling in the background, a long day ahead and a mother back in hospital. My thoughts have been running along the lines of:

"Wonder what it's like in Brussels - sunshine and flowers instead of frost?"

"How about in Greece? Is it chilly at Phillipi?"

"Have the spring flowers come up yet in Houston (from memory, the greenrer parts around Houston are actually lovely at this time of year - like spring in England with summer temperatures)".

I've just discovered too that someone isn't in today either, and it's not completely convenient, as I want to talk to them.

Ahem.

I mentioned my mother being back in again. She had a lot of fluid around her heart that had obviously been building for a week or so, and it was pressing on her heart and lungs, causing severe breathlessness. Yesterday evening she seemed much better, but was staying in hospital at least overnight. She got very worried because the ward that she had stayed in before had all gone down with C. Difficile - an infection would probably kill her. It's apparently all cleaned up and clear now, but they were planning to let her stay in the MAU overnight, so hopefully all is well.

Thanks everyone that prayed yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.