Monday 11 February 2008

Sorry to have left it so long for an update.

It's been a real roller coaster ride for my mum these last few days.

Thursday night, as I reported here, she seemed so much better, but Friday was less good.

Saturday morning we have a prayer meeting in Bicester at 7.30, and the guys all prayed for her, with a strong sense that it really wasn't time for her to die yet. I went straight on from there to the hospital, full of faith, only to find her in a really bad way. The infection was still going, the colitis had returned and she was also odematous and feeling swollen with pains around her heart and serious difficulty breathing. So we prayed together a little, and eventually I left still feeling that she should recover - honestly, on the face of it she looked like she was ready to die.

Saturday afternoon she was much better and even cheerful, ditto Saturday night. Last night we went over after church (we meet in the afternoon, 4 to about 6ish). She was pretty much normal sounding, and although there's still a fair bit of fluid and some nasty bruising from failed canulation attempts.

I don't think it's presumption to say she's turned a corner. She is still receiving massive doses of antibiotics to deal with the hospital acquired infection, but hopefully she'll be better soon than when she went in. Yes, I'm grateful.

Thank you everyone that's been praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.