Thursday 27 December 2007

Well we tried another car today

This time Chris drove a new Beetle - gets a thumbs up from her as both a driving experience and on a comfort basis.

That does not mean our search is finished, as there were things about this car I wasn't happy with. Also this is a car designed - apparently - to be as impractical as possible. When I was told it had almost no boot space I didn't think they really meant that it has ALMOST NO BOOT SPACE. And the opening is so narrow, I'm sure my mouth has been wider from the number of feet I've stuck in it.

But it was nice to drive - calm, neutral, reasonably precise and with just enough weight. Shame it's only the 100bhp version of the TDi engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.