Friday 23 November 2007

Well that's another week over

My mother has been very unwell for the last 3 weeks, and it all came to a head this week really - her colitis just hit really hard. Last night we went round with Steve B (for those who know him) anointed and prayed for her. She has begun eating a little, and we'll have to wait and see how things go.

I'm really struggling with my attitude toward conservative Americans: trying not to hate the haters. As much of the English-speaking internet is apparently full of them it makes life difficult. It's interesting how sometimes feelings work their way so deeply into our lives without us really being aware that they have. I mentioned having left a particular forum, and I’m still trying to deal with the fallout from that and the results it’s produced in my thoughts and feelings. 1Tim 1 and Ephesians 4 were really good to read this morning, and I want to push past this.

Work goes on. We have a good bunch of new people now and something of a plan to go forwards. Potentially there’s a good future possible – I just have to become more of a manager and extract myself from *wanting* to do everything.

And I still need to book our weekend in Belgium.

There's more stuff - maybe I'll actually post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.