Thursday 12 April 2007

Blogpost 12 April 2007

You would think that after all I’ve been through, holding the same job for 9 years, being a mature and well balanced individual that I would be personally secure.

You might be wrong.

We’re partitioning the shared office here at work, to give the MD some privacy for dealing with ‘personnel’ issues, making confidential phone calls etc. People with a history of creating bad working environments are discussing what they are going to do with the new working environment. Trying to negotiate once they’ve decided something is like eating poo-flavoured nougat – hard work and leaves a bad taste afterward. Someone has also grumbled about where I leave my bike (wherever I leave it *someone* grumbles) but instead of talking to me they went direct to the MD, and I really hate it when that happens.

And I feel tired/achey this morning, probably a combination of 2 late nights in a row, cycling too hard (but fitness/strength have improved) and the fallout of a good church ‘body meeting’ last night.

I guess insecurity is just a part of me. There are things I’ve got to confront elsewhere too, and personal security is going to get challenged again, both for me and someone else. Hope we manage to deal with it well, rather than going all defensive. Both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.