Tuesday 13 March 2007

I am disappointed

In some of the comments from people that should know better in a thread on Smulospace

The topic of discussion? That hoary old chestnut, Women in leadership.

Why am I disappointed? Words like 'subservient' and 'power and control' suggest to me either an experience that the church is like the world, or a failure to understand the nature of life as it should be in the body of Jesus. Submitting to one another in love is not like the stronger party pushing the head of the weaker under the bedclothes when they've broken wind, yet that's how it is discussed!

I truly wonder if people have any understanding of partnership and service?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.