Tuesday 13 February 2007

Well, it looks like I shall be going to Germany at the end of March.

Lucky me ;)

BTW ever bought anything online that you just *slightly* underestimated?

Ebuyer (purveyor of all things computing, electronic etc) had a special offer going – 2 in fact. One offer was for free shipping if you spent over £50. As I was already buying a bunch of stuff, that took me close but not over that limit.

The second offer was for a radio. What’s exciting about that you ask? Well it was a radio built into a pair of floor standing HiFi speakers. Chris had mentioned how she’d like a radio in the kitchen: we used to have speakers there connected to the living room HiFi system with very long wires. Times and equipment change, and last year I ended up uninstalling all of it as it no longer worked well. Anyway, on the web page these looked OK, reasonably versatile at a decent price, so I ordered them.

Hum.

Humm

Hummmm.

The box they’ve been sent in is, shall we say, of *generous* dimensions.

Weight is listed on the side is 24Kg, and I’d say it’s not far shy of that.

I suspect that once unpacked these will seem a lot more modest, but it was a bit of a shock to see this box with my name on it. I’ve now got to find suitable places to put them (not really a problem, provided the wires will reach and there’s enough RF signal). They even have a remote control and a bunch of inputs for CD/MP3 players etc etc on the back. With their 25W RMS per channel they’ll be good to cart outside in the summer for BBQs etc.

Wonder what Chris will think? 8^o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.