Wednesday 23 August 2006

Bed in a mo.

Well I pretty much managed it, so I'll head off to bed shortly. FINALLY sorted the wiring on that red'n'black strat: popped a Dimarzio IBZ bridge 'bucker in the tail set to run the coils parallel or series, and it's one big PU. Rich yet spanky in parallel and punchy with good depth in series.

The new strings seem a little more flexible than the previous DRs, and while this is nice for the strat, it's almost too much on the Washburn A20, where I loaded it with 9.5 instead of 10 gauge. Distinct 'knicker elastic' sensations now, although there is just about enough fight left to give something to push against. I did want strings I could bend easily, and these might prove to be just that. Maybe I'll do the JJ and the acoustic (got some for that too) tomorrow night.

Steve, Anna, Mark, Andy - if you're reading this, I'll try to get the worship team schedule sorted as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.