Saturday 8 July 2006

You won't believe the lengths these guys will go to so we feel at home.

They arranged a BBQ for tonight as a farewell get together.

The weather here has been warm to quite hot, and today was no exception. We went out to fort Carlton, about 45 miles out from PA. Lovely countryside, strong sun, warm air. Got back to PA around 3pm.

There were signs of precipitation having happened and the air was a touch cooler.

Yup, it's started raining here. just came out of the Sanadian superstore and it was gently tipping. That seems to have intensified now, and Phil (our landlord) just got in, quite wet. We might even be into Jeans and stuff tonight (I've lived in shorts all week).

TBH I don't really want to go home, but at the same time I'm missing a bunch of people (and my guitars). One more night, then a day and night of travel.

We'll be saying goodbye tonight. It'll be difficult to know exactly what words to use. A bunch of people here have come to mean a lot to us. Wish I'd got to know Johanna a little more, but she was mostly at work. Wish we could have spent more time with Leo, but he's had to work too. We're all glad we came though.

Just heard some thunder. Echos roll a long time. Echos inside too.

Auf Wiedersehen PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.