Saturday 1 July 2006

Hello and welcome

Welcome is what we've felt - very.

How can I compress the last 3 days worth of experiences into a simple blogpost?

Continuing the Lennon and McCartney line theme, "It's wonderful to be here, it's certainly a thrill".

This may seem odd, and maybe it's my slightly sleep-deprived brain, but I'm struggling to find the right words this morning.

Yesterday we spent the day with Randall, Lauralea and family and really enjoyed their company. Randall is just who I thought he was, and it's good to know a little more of him. Also really great to finally meet she-who-hates-glasses Today we meet and enjoy the company of Linea and Leo Lanoie. (note to self - it's Linn-ay-ya, not Linear - there is no regression involved!).

We did have an 'interesting' time getting here, but the blog isn't the place to grumble. However Mr. Air-Canada, we would like the suitcase with all our clothes in soon, please. The game isn't quite so funny now.

I've not taken many pics so far. I think it's because we're interacting directly with people, and being behind a camera makes me distant and distinct from my surroundings. It seems much more important to draw close right now than capture a lot of images.

Bye for now - breakfast calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.