Monday 8 May 2006

There's some more recordings

on my soundclick site. I never thought this little amp - 5 watts - could be a total metal monster, but it is.

Have a listen to "I believe in a thing called crunch"

It's not a tune, but rather a demo of the amp with different pick and volume settings (as are pretty much all the other clips there). At the end I'm getting high-gain feedback. From a 5 watt amp in my livingroom!

Nuts.

It does get rather mushy maxed out, but this was never intended to be a super-high gain design, and in order to keep the richness at lower volumes I may have to live with that. What IS amazing is how it cleans up with the volume rolled off on the guitar - it still twangs even with super-hot humbuckers.

'Mazin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.