Monday 3 April 2006

This is unusual

As someone who's been a christian for heading toward 30 years in the more cutting edge of the church, it's relatively unusual for something to appear that challenges me. That sounds egotistical, but it IS realistic. Sure, there's stuff like demands for women in leadership, gay marriage, pan-faith validity etc. etc. that rears it's head, but that doesn't challenge because it's plainly contrary to the bible.

What could I be talking about?

The PDL has been discussing the church and our relation to her as parts of the body of Jesus (sorry if this makes zero sense to anyone). This is actually a little difficult to put into words well, because it's still being worked through and my brain is readjusting.

I'll try to develop this a bit more later, but thoughts won't steady up and clarify enough to post what I want to say right now (I typed a load of stuff, but it wasn't right).

However I can see why Rick Warren takes so much flak. He's got a heart for the church in a way I've not seen elsewhere. In an age when we want to deconstruct the church, his views - and especially the relative size (and in some eyes, success) of his church would inevitably draw criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.