Monday 30 January 2006

Parenting is curious

Especially when you find yourself caring, and loving, other people.

As a teen I couldn't imagine why parents would get fussed about you. "It's my life, my body, and if it goes wrong (push me too hard and I'll make sure it does!) I'll carry the consequences."

Now I can't stop caring about people, not that I want to, of course. I read a book quite some time back by Charles Simpson called 'The Challenge To Care'. He mentioned how there were so many managers, supervisors, leaders etc, but few fathers.

Well, I'm a father.

I'm unlikely to head up a church community, my gifting isn't significant enough to make me essential to a leadership team and I upset enough people through bad administration and eclectic sense of humour to keep it that way.

I can care for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.