Saturday 10 December 2005

Safe, sound and sweaty

Just got back from the hotel Gym, after failing to convince myself I can pretend fitness. 5 min on a jogger to warm up, 15 mins static cyling with sprints and 10 mins weights.

All done with the aplomb of a peri-pubertal teenager trying to convince himself he looks OK.

;-)

Yesterday's journey was a 'mare though.

The plane was delayed by about 2 hours at Gatport Airwick, partly due to fog, partly due to everyone else talking a long time to eave. The pilot announced that to save fuel, he wouldn't be making up the time.

We literally ran through part sof Fort Worth's airport, only to then wait 35 mins for baggage collection. Bags re-checked, 20 mins through security. From which we ran to the train that taook us round the airport to our terminal, then ran down to the gate just to be told the plane left early and we'd already missed it.

Mexican food, a couple of beers and 2 hour to kill let me sleep a little, then being on a quieter plane let me sleep a little more - probably an hour in total.

WE got to Tom and Jenny's party around 11.00pm - almost exactly 24 hours after leaving home. They had a lovely warm welcome for us, and made it somehow feel worthwhile afterall, just for that. Finally slept at about 1.30am (7.30 in the UK) and woke around 6.30.

So here we go - a grey and un-characteristically cool Texan day. Thanks everyone that prayed for me - I had no right to hold up so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.