Monday 8 August 2005

Like a late autumn morning

The Beeb reckoned air temperature would drop to 3'C last night. This morning when I looked out I was surprised there wasn't any frost, it was so cold! By 8.00am it was warming up again, and around 14 degrees (I'd guess). Yesterday was warm enough though, as my scalp told me after the open air meeting in Keble road park in the afternoon.

And talking of cold, last week we put a new freezer in the lab. Someone who's been off for 3 1/2 weeks saw it and asked "Is that a new freezer". Immediately I answered and said "no, we've had that since last Christmas" followed by a quizzical look. Matt caught on quickly, agreeing it had been there as long as he could remember.

Unfortunately someone had already looked inside, and seen it was empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.