Thursday 2 June 2005

This morning is hard

Chris writes
I woke up today & immediately remembered, and my heart sank. Later, after washing & dressing, I felt I should be able to just walk into Sarah's room & there she'd be, all tucked up in bed & reluctant to let anyone wake her. I went in & made her bed which has been stripped of bedclothes since I washed them. Not sure why that helped but it did.

I then rooted around for a pair of earrings she had made to wear today & came across a little drawstring bag of the sort that holds jewellery. Being nosy I looked inside. I came across 4 scraps of paper. One said 'I love DH',& another said 'Sarah loves Dan'. The third one was headed 'prophecies' & had a list of words on it. Underlined were the words 'peace' 'provision' & 'perseverence' all of which seem relevant to us today.

The final one was a scrap of paper with my writing on it. It said:

"SARAH
You are destined to take the Glory of God into this world!
YOU ARE."

I don't remember writing it, & I'm sure I never dreamed that it would be fulfilled partly by her death, but I pray that it will be true today. That as we remember Sarah we can also glorify God & help others to draw closer to Him.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.