Thursday 9 June 2005

A little too much time for thinking.

I've been doing a manufacturing process today which involves lots of repetitive action and too much free time to think. Thoughts can be un-helpful sometimes, leading into darker and blacker places than real life. And life to me seems a fragile, transient thing over which we have no control. This is a fertile breeding ground for fear.

Chris had tummy pains this morning.

And I have too much imagination.

Perfect love casts out fear. It seems that a lot of the time my love is pretty imperfect.

It's interesting how the devastating sadness and grief that often goes with a death like this hasn't hit us. But some of the things that happen to people in these times are still there. We're still human, after all. Having just written the post below, it shows how shallow my love and trust can be. But then, if my salvation was based on my strength alone I'd never have even got as far as accepting Jesus in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.