Tuesday 21 June 2005

Day 2

Copenhagen is different from how I remember it on my last trip. It seems much larger than I'd remembered, but I'm sure that's down to some false impressions. The hotel is very modern, but that's fine: at least it's clean and tidy and reasonably well laid out. The exhibition is in a large and airy hall at the 'Bella Centre', so is quite pleasant too.

Copenhagen is a bit cooler than the UK, with daytime temperatures in the mid 20s. I was joined yesterday by William (the MD) and Myriam who heads up DSL France. Post show we explored a little and had a meal. Temperatures dropped as the evening wore on, and we found that the blankets provided by the open air restaurant were very useful.

I'm posting this morning as I have a little more time than expected.

I wasn't sleepy when we got back last night, and finally got off around 3ish. We had arranged to meet for breakfast at 7.45. I awoke convinced the alarm had failed to go off, leapt out of bed, showered, dressed and rushed downstairs late. Shovelled breakfast down and dashed back up.

Only to hear my alarm going off.

Grrrrr.

That's the first time I've done that. Feel really heady now - WAY too tired. It'll back off in a bit, but return with enthusiasm after lunch. Wonder who's talk I'll sleep through?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.