Monday 25 April 2005

Relaxed? That isn't normal.

I lead worship again yesterday.

Ahem.

I stood out the front, played guitar, sang a bit and started a bunch of songs I felt God had given me.

That's closer to the truth.

Things were a little odd though. I had a call from Rich (the equivalent to a 'pastoral assistant') in the morning. He was leading the meeting, and suggested that we would be having a shorter time of worship to make space for the word. Fine. I'd also chosen a hymn to start (Oh Lord my God) which is unusual, although not un-precedented, and I'd planned to go straight into 'La Alleluia' directly afterward as contrast. But God seemed to have other ideas, and after the hymn it was worship, worship, worship all the way - great to me. About an hour and 10 mins almost unbroken, and it looked from where I stood as though people had come right into God's presence.

So what was odd about this? I did the whole time playing acoustic guitar without pain in my left hand (there's another story) and singing. Even odder - I was quite comfy singing for the last 30 mins or so, which is completely unheard of for me! God MUST be changing something, and for that I'm definitely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.