Saturday 2 April 2005

Nigel and Liz

....are very good friends of ours, and recently moved from Bicester to the outskirts of Birmingham. We spent the day with them and their children.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was like a summer's day again - about 18 or 19 degrees and strong sunshine. We had a wander round Lickey woods (wonderful name, full of imagery). John and Myriam had a great time running around and climbing over things. Shown here in typical poses:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Myriam is also at the age and of a character where the world is full of wonder and beauty. A guitar appeared this afternoon, and it was suggested that I might play it. As the first note rang out she immediately began to move with the music. At one point she needed the loo and asked that I stop playing so that she didn't miss any of it. If only every audience I had was like that! She also found a pink bud on an almost completely bare tree, and had to show everyone:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also had this little glimpse of the future. Myriam wanted someone to play with in the garden, so out I went. After about 20 mins of throwing and catching balls and a frisbee I realised - this is what GRANDPARENTS do! I couldn't stop for Myriam's sake, but NUTS! I'm only 43. On returning indoors Sarah was instructed NO CHILDREN FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS.

Thanks for having us over guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.