Saturday 29 January 2005

Blessing (when you don't expect or look for it)

We've had quite a bit of expense recently - not just Christmas (as usual, well contained) but one of our cars needed a lot of work doing + taxing. On top of that we had a celebration on Oxford a couple of weeks back, and I really felt called to give generously. Chris was a little concerned because of recent cash burn, but went with it.

Anyway, cut a long story short, we didn't get a Christmas bonus this year (not that I expect it particularly, but it's nice when it happens). I'm grateful for the job I have and that I do earn well. However yesterday The MD told me that there should be 'a little extra this month to say thankyou' on my payslip. It was exactly 10 times what we'd given in the offering. God not only has a sense of humour, but he also can release resources when we don't expect it.

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.