Monday 9 February 2004

Lets hope today is better.

I lead worship again yesterday - always a slightly nerve wracking time, as my singing voice isn't completely ideal, plus I have to balance trying to hear what God's saying while playing guitar (and basically keeping everything going) too. It leaves me feeling tired and a little emotionally drained.

Ben got back from Oxford shortly after the meeting ended - he'd been to meet up with a girl with a view. Only she'd decided to start a relationship with someone else a couple of days before and so brought 2 of her friends along (for safety?). As he put it "they'd be talking away until I skated up behind - then there was silence while the eyes said 'get lost'". I had the exact same thing happen when I was 16 too, and I certainly reverberated in sympathy.

Then I had a friend (from the band that was) have a major teddies-out-of-pram session: lots of anger, searching questions and a bit of swearing at me. My usual resilience seemed to be down, and quite a bit got through.

Less than 30 mins later at home Chris had a serious go at me about something I hadn't done a while back.

So here I am, Monday morning, swimming gradually back up to the light. Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.