Sunday 14 December 2003

"Light up your life"

I remember this line from 'Carry on up the khyber'. The following line was delivered by a deadpan Sid James. "And up yours".

This afternoon Chris really wanted Christmas lights outside. Simple one might think. But these lights require a transformer, which must be INSIDE. And the cables to plug into this have large plugs, meaning it won't be possible to drill a small hole somewhere and feed them through.

So muggins decides it's time to run power to the shed.

Well, it all went more-or-less flawlessly, and our outside lights are up. The only exciting moment was after I'd run the cable and fitted the socket in the shed. I came inside and wired the plug on the other end. This was plugged into an RCCB unit, which I'd pressed the 'Test' button on. This press was important, because when I plug in it trips the whole house :-/ Visions of re-doing the job ran through my head as I switched back on. However once everything was re-set it was fine.

Yesterday I put up the lights that run up the stairs for the sake of both my daughter and wife.

Christmas spirit? Well I do have a bottle of whiskey now.

Humbug ;-)

BTW I've just seen a gritting lorry go past. Any chance of snow tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.