Tuesday 19 August 2003

And now, the time has come.....

To go to bed.

Went out tonight for what was advertised as a 'fast ride' with the 1XV. I wasn't disappointed: 18 miles offroad in an hour and 25 mins. Boy wonder (otherwise known as Ben, except on a bike he can fly) came too, and was up there all the time. Darned good, as it's only his 3rd serious ride this year.

Think I'm an adrenaline junky - some of the fast swoopy rooty trails above Wendover were just fantastic, and the final descent into the town was dusty and incredibly fast. Excellent.

I'm just grateful God's given me the strength to enjoy this sort of stuff still. 42 and larking about on a mountainbike like a kid. Or best of all, with one of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.